Text File Viewer 5.2 - Features
Features | Screenshots |
- Have you ever felt frustrated when you just want to look at the content of
a large text file but it takes forever for Notepad or Word to open it?
- This program was designed for viewing large (>1GB) text files.
- It uses little memory and is able to open a gigabyte file instantly.
- Background file indexing makes browsing even faster.
- It opens files that are currently being written by other programs, and
automatically checks and reads the files if new contents have been appended.
- It supports view split. The user may split the view either horizontally
or vertically, and have each side show different portion of the same
allows the user to perform high-speed complex text search by means of plain
text or regular expression. The regular expression syntax is slightly
different from the standard ones. Please click here for details.
regular expressions for finding the following items have been provided as
preset for the convenience of the users:
- quoted string
of any format
of any format
phone number (US & Canada)
- For CSV (Comma Separated Value) files, when the user hovers the mouse over
any field in the file, a hint automatically appears with the field
- The program opens and displays both ANSI and Unicode text files. It
currently does not support Unicode big endian and UTF-8.
- It allows the user to change display parameters, which include:
- font, font style, and font size.
- colors of text, selected text, and URL.
- background color and background image. (The user may use any JPG or BMP file as the background image.
A sophisticated algorithm is used to soften the image and then blend the softened image with the background color perfectly.)
- word-wrap length in character. (It is zero i.e.
disabled by default.)
- tab size.
- automatic detection of URL addresses (namely HTTP, FTP and email
- Display parameters are automatically saved and associated with filename
- You may use mouse wheel to scroll the content vertically or
horizontally, or to increase/decrease the font size.
- You may use drag-and-drop to open a text file. The program remembers recently opened files.
- It remembers the window position/size of the previous
- Large Text File Viewer 5.2 requires Windows NT and up. It no longer supports Windows 9x.
- No additional DLL (such as MFC or VB) is required.
- No installation is needed.
- The executable is only 572KB!
Features | Screenshots
This page was last modified on 06/05/2009.